Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

tv connection

• Please log in to reply

boycott

boycott

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi All

i am having trouble to get any picture from my s-video out to my tv. i have the cable connected and the tv on the right station then i have reatarted my PC but it does not seem to recognise the tv. i have tried to search for new hardware but nothing is registered. i have tried changing the refresh frequency to match the tv but i can not get any visible signal. there is some signal because the tv screen changes when i plug in the cable. do i need to switch the output on like i do with my laptop?

<_< please help!

thanks

BB

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Hi boycott, welcome to Geeks to Go! <_<

When your video card recognizes your TV, you'll notice an extra monitor available in your display property settings. You can extend your desktop to this display (your TV), or make it the primary display.

If the second display is greyed out, your system isn't recognizing the TV. Check the following:
1. Do you have an S-video cable from the back of your video card to the S-video input of your TV?

2. Do you have your TV input set to S-video?

3. When connected properly, have you restarted your computer so it recognizes the new connection?

4. Do you have the latest video drivers installed?