Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

connecting xbox 360 through laptop

• Please log in to reply

snipes040

snipes040

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
ok well I see if I can get the login credentials but until now thank you very much for your help!!! I greatly appreciate it !!!

Advertisements

CamTheMan

CamTheMan

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

ok well I see if I can get the login credentials but until now thank you very much for your help!!! I greatly appreciate it !!!

No problem, and hey when we get this working my gamertag is CamTheMan07 (=

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
snipes040,

This is not your router, correct? In that case, assuming that you even have physical access to it, you cannot reset it in order to login to it. If the login and password have been changed by the owner, that's because they don't want you to access it, and they have the right to control that access. We will not help you bypass their security.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
are you using a cross over cable between computer and xbox

snipes040

snipes040

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
it's an RJ45 Ethernet cable

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
going from computer to computer without a hub or switch will need a crossover cable.
And more then likely you will need access to the router upstairs via a computer that hooks directly to it to alter some settings.
Which should not be done via wireless

nathandoble

nathandoble

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a similar problem. I'm trying to connect my xbox 360 to online through my sony laptop with vista. I've tried sharing the connection, and bridging the connection, but my 360 cant detect the network. any ideas? im really stuck lol

nathandoble

nathandoble

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Okay, screw this website, it's not like i have all day to just sit around waiting for some tech to reply. I need help sooner than a couple hours after, so this site is useless. I wasted my time signing up, a mistake i'm not making again. I hope all you tech geek's have a good time having people wait on there hands and knees for your reply's, cause i'm not doing it. Thank you, for wasting my time.