Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Win 16 subsystem unstable

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Win xp- e machine T6412

Had big crash & reformatted disk, etc.

Possible crash cause was extra memory now removed back to basics.

Sys runs basically ok but when I try & use my plotter via parallel port I get "win 16 subsystem unstable 16 bit task.." as well my dvd-rw will read dvd's ok but see the DVD-rw as cd-rw when I try to write, Drive problem suspect and tried to use e-machine disk to fix but no luck ( original partition was removed during fixing drive) and xp home edition reinstall ok from emachine disk.

suggestions re fix ??

thanks wart

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
What are you using the plotter with? Sounds like the program may be an old program and is causing issues..... you may need to set it to emulate and older os.... as far as the dvdrw what software are you trying to use to burn disks? I don't know as though windows supports dvd burning on it's own...