Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor trouble

• Please log in to reply

slowrider46

slowrider46

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a samsung 170mp that when I turn it on the green light comes on and I get a blue screen on PC,V1 and V2. The TV mode has good sound but has just fuzz for a picture like no reception.

Does anybody have the same problem or can help ? :)

Advertisements

John Hook

John Hook

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
slowrider46,

What kind of TV/CABLE connection do you have? Are you located in the US? I ask because if your in Europe or other countries, there are different video standards NTSC v/s PAL. You TV/Tuner issues sound like you need to correctly configure the TV's cable signal type then perform an AUTO-SCAN for all channels. Is your cable Digial or Analog?

The PC Monitor issues are likely due to incorrect SYNC or resolution settings between your Samsung Display and your PC's video adapter and Display settings.

Go to this site and download the approriate monitor drivers for the OS (i.e. Windows XP, Vista, etc) that your running on your PC. This site also offers setup guides, manuals you can download and Frequently Asked Questions. I thinking that most of your issues have to do with the need to go into your Monitor's setup/config menus and properly configure this new display for both your PC's video hardware and the cable TV connection you're using

http://www.samsung.c...amp;isEqualsY=Y

- John