Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MONITOR FLICKERS

• Please log in to reply

denzildon

denzildon

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi guys,

My monitor flickers on and off and after that the diplay becomes distorted. Do I need to change my graphics card? I have an ASUS NVDIDIA v9520 if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks in advance!!!

Denzil

Advertisements

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
is this the same monitor you have been using for a while? and/or, is the video card new?
if either has changed, its probably a settings issue. by distorted, do you mean its blurry, or its kinda sideways, with multiple images of the same screen?

denzildon

denzildon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
The monitor is at lease 1 yr and half and the graphics card is almost a year already. Well it becomes pixelated and distorted. Looks like it uses less than 16bit color. Oh and before it does this it goes on and off first like the monitor is not getting any signal from the graphics card at all.

It also says that the nvidia drivers are not working. I have updated the drivers and still does not work.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Try reseating the card and uninstalling the drivers and reinstall the original ones that came with the card.

The reason the screen looks like that is because the drivers are not working so the next thing would be to try another card this one maybe bad.

Rick

denzildon

denzildon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I finished doing what you've said and I'm just going to monitor it for now. I also did not attach the side panel to make the system run cooler coz I'm thinking it might be overheating as well.

I'll update if anything happens

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
were you able to determine if the card was overheating or did reseating and reinstall of the drivers work?

Rick