Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse DPI

• Please log in to reply

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Well I use this for gaming, but I'm posting it here because it's probably a hardware problem.

I have a wireless Logitech MX Revolution (that I love!) using the Logitech SetPoint software (all updated). I've noticed that ingame, if I slowly move my mouse either right or left (using mouselook), it will not do anything until it hits a certain point, then jumps maybe 15px in the direction. Like the Wheel of Fortune, you can spin the wheel and the result will constantly be changing, but as it gets slower, the pin spends more time in one area, with no change of the result. Once the wheel has stopped, you can move it slightly without changing the area the pin is in.

Sticking to that metaphor, how can I make my mouse more accurate? Should I make the player stronger (i.e. Windows mouse sensitivity) or the wheel pin weaker (ingame sensitivity)? What can I do so my mouse doesn't jerk when slowly moving the mouse?

Oh, the game I play is Richard Garriot's Tabula Rasa, and my laptop specs are in my sig.

Edited by The Admiral, 17 April 2008 - 10:11 AM.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I had similar symptoms once. Has it always done that?

Edited by Titan8990, 17 April 2008 - 06:26 PM.