Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with Gears of War!

• Please log in to reply

GigidigigidiGee

GigidigigidiGee

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi!

I'm having this problem with GoW :) . After playing 15-40 min it crashes. Freezes and I have to restart comp from the reset button... after playing for a while my game starts showing odd colors in strange places. Like red, green and blue pixels in main characters head or smthing like that (just example) and after 10 min or something game freezes up and I gotta reset...

I dont know did I tell my problem clearly enough but if you dont understand something just ask.

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
What are your system specs? Is anything overclocked?

It sounds like your graphics card is overheating. Try manually increasing the fan speed on your graphics card using the NVIDIA Control Panel or the ATI Catalyst Control Center (included with your graphics drivers). Or you could use a third-party tool, such as ATITool or RivaTuner.

GigidigigidiGee

GigidigigidiGee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I think that the overheating is my problem. I tried other games like Assasin's Creed, F.E.A.R, Dark Messiah of Might&Magic, Bioshock and Crysis. In these graphic monsters I get this graphic flickering too so the diagnosis is rdy but the problem isn't fixed yet (Atleast I think so :) )

Im really an amateur with these heat things.

Yeah I could try increasing fan speed but I dont know what is the appropriate fan speed I should use.
And I have tried increasing fan speed couple of times but its making so much noise. It sounds like its doing real bad for the fans.

My system specs:
Memory (RAM): 2047 MB
CPU Info: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz
Sound card: Speakers (Realtek High Definition)
Display Adapters: Radeon X1900 CrossFire Edition | Radeon X1900 CrossFire Edition | RDPDD Chained DD | RDP Encoder Mirror Driver
Screen Resolution: 1600 X 1200 - 32 bit
CD / DVD Drives: D: HL-DT-STDVDRAM GSA-H12L | F: EK9208K KOJ477X
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5LD2

And nothings overclocked.

Edited by GigidigigidiGee, 18 April 2008 - 10:03 AM.