Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can someone tell me what this is? [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Garret B

Garret B

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Application.WinSpy_Stealth_Monitor
Type - Cookie
Risk Level - High

I am all paranoid since two weeks ago I supposedly had WinSPy on my computer. I did a factory restore on about APril 12 because my scripting got messed up when Symantech supposedly took WinsPy (if it ever really was on my computer since all they took off was one file) and I was told it was because they took off a .dll file but never put the correct one on or something.

Anyway so tonight I runSuperAntiSpyware and it doesnt' tell me that I have Winspy. Then I reun something Called Spyware Dr and one of the results was this:

Application.WinSpy_Stealth_Monitor
Type - Cookie
Risk Level - High

What does this mean? Is this some trick to get me to buy Spyware Dr? Is this a cookie or the actual keylogger called WinSpy?
I am going nuts trying to figure out what is going on.

Thanks

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,642 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks To Go! My name is BHowett and I will be helping you to get sorted.

Sorry for the delay, as you can tell we are very busy here. If you still need help with you’re issue please post a fresh HijackThis log, and we will see what we need to do to get you sorted :)

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,642 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.