Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Admin rights removed/Firefox,IE&OE crash [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

friendy

friendy

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I've got a 2 1/2 year old who likes pressing keys on the keyboard and managed to download and run a program that has killed my laptop. I'm actually on another computer bacause I can't run any browsers on the main one.

It seems that Windows Defender stopped something and changed the homepage to the Malware removal page but SpyBot keeps popping up with registry changes over and over again.

I have found in the TEMP folder, where there are some programs installed but can't get to them via the LOCAL settings folder, can't get to the folder options to show hidden files and seemingly I have lost my Admin rights even when running in safe mode and logging in as the administrator.

When trying regedit, I get a message saying that the administrator has been disabled by the administrator.

I tried to restore to yesterday but that seemed to make things worse.

I have no idea which type of infection I have here. I've got Hijack This and can post a log when requested.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Friendy

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks To Go! My name is BHowett and I will be helping you to get sorted.

Sorry for the delay, as you can tell we are very busy here. If you still need help with you’re issue please post a fresh HijackThis log, and we will see what we need to do to get you sorted :)

friendy

friendy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Thanks BHowett,

I posted on another site also and have had the issue sorted.

Thanks for the reply and keep up the good work - all you folks do a great job.

Friendy

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Thanks for letting me know….. feel free to have a look around the site, and check out all the other forums. There are lots of good people, and information here.

See you around, and safe surfing :)

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.