Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

mouse activities

• Please log in to reply

ronnidonni

ronnidonni

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey, new here. What a great site!! I'm not real savvy to most of the computer world but like our machines to be clean and lean.
Anyway, here's the deal.
I have a MS standard wireless mouse and keyboard and they both have worked great until recently. The change came when I brought home a Logitech marble mouse from work that wasn't being used anymore.... my wife has one at her office and really likes it so I thought I was doing a good thing for her.
I hooked it up and we were using both meeces. I did download the software for the marble mouse, BTW.
Once in awhile the wireless mouse would get real sluggish and I would adjust the settings and it would be ok.

To get to the point here I took the marble mouse back to the office, uninstalled the software, but now the wireless mouse will highlight a line such as All Programs above the start button, but the sub folders don't show unless I click it once. They used to show automatically, you know, off to the right.
What can I do to get it back to the way it worked originally?

Running XP SP2 home. Dell Dimension 3000

:)

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

Right-click the 'Start' button and choose 'Properties'
Under the 'Start Menu' tab, click 'Customise'
Click the 'Advanced' tab
Place a tick in the check-box to enable "Open sub-menus when I pause on them with my mouse"
Click 'OK' & 'OK' again.

ronnidonni

ronnidonni

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks. I don't think I've tried that and am sort of embarrassed about that. I'll try it when I get home tonight.

ronnidonni

ronnidonni

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Well, I opened the properties under the start menu, went to advanced and it was already checked!! I've already reloaded the driver.

??

ronnidonni

ronnidonni

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Seems to be fixed now. I was going to just re-install xp thinking that would load all the proper drivers, etc. It ran into a can't find "starportlite.sys" error which has something to do with Starburn.
I had deleted that program a month or so ago so I downloaded it and re-loaded it. At that point the mouse pointer started working correctly.
Anyway, I deleted it and anything to do with it, xp re-loaded and we're good to go!!!