Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Halo PC Multiplayer Lag

• Please log in to reply

Spirit93

Spirit93

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey, when i host a game on Halo i never get any lag, but no matter what server i choose to join, i will get lag. In most servers my ping on halo is 33 - 100 [ Very Good ]. I have even tried running a dedicated server for halo on the SAME pc, joining it gives me a " Fake " ping of 33, but hey i get lag -.-''. I used to be able to play halo normally without any lag at all a couple of years ago O_O'' [ Same pc ]. As soon as i noticed this problem, i tried everything..more than once. I believe that it may be something to do with ports.

I tried :

- Re installing windows
- Buying more ram
- Changing my internet provider...TWICE
- Re installing halo
- Buying new halo disk
- Trying various different firewalls / antivirus
- Forwarding ports
- Contacting my internet service

Note : I also play other games online on pc plus xbox 360 live, i recieve NO lag.

Protection At the moment : Avg Antivirus plus Firewall / Windows Firewall

Thanks, please help.

Advertisements

BLACK-COCO

BLACK-COCO

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Edit:Abusive content removed. Might i suggest you read the Terms of Use of this site a little more closely

Edited by dsenette, 18 April 2008 - 12:04 PM.
Abusive content

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
it appears that you are running 2 firewalls. try disabling the windows firewall and see if that helps.

Spirit93

Spirit93

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have tried disabling windows firewall, made no difference, i have tried un installing both firewalls completely, made no difference.