Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

wireless adapter not detected in XP

• Please log in to reply

Serialk

Serialk

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello

I have a acer-aspire 4710z laptop.I have windows XP sp2 and vista enterprise both installed in my system.
In xp it doesn't detect any wireless adapter.In device manager-network adapter category i can only see
1394 net adapter and broadcom netlink ethernet adapter.There is no wireless adapter present under network
adapter category.And when i press the wi-fi button it is not lit.I tried to install the wi-fi driver for xp but got the
error message that no wireless adapter present.But the interesting thing is that when i switch it on with vista
and i press the wi-fi button it lits with an orange color.That's really confusing to me.Anyways I just want to
enable my wireless service on XP coz i don't like using Vista.Pls help me out...thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• device_manager.JPG

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Need to install the driver for your wireless card. You can get this from the Acer website.

CamTheMan

CamTheMan

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Hi Serialk,

Neil Jones and I may can retrieve the driver for you if you like.

I would download them for you, but theres some risk on your part but what we'll do is I'll tell you exactly where to go and click.

First, go here:
http://global.acer.c...rt/download.htm

Second, under Select your location click on your region.

Third, click your location again on the map.

Forth, Now on the left panel click Drivers & Downloads.

Fifth (almost done I promise), click under Product line click Notebook. Under Product click aspire 4710z.

Sixth, under downloads and look for Wireless LAN Atheros Driver click on it and then download and install it.

If the above does not work try this:
Go back under download look for Intel Wireless Lan Driver, click it and at the bottom click Download.Save it to your desktop, and run it and install it.

If the above doesn't work try the Wireless Intel Driver under downloads at the very bottom of the list.

Finally if all do not work try the Wireless LAN Broadcom Driver.

Each driver goes to a different wireless product I'm not sure which is yours, but I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Cam

Serialk

Serialk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
hello

actually i have tried to install all the drivers before.i am gonna attach the screenshots i took during
the installation which may help u understanding my problems.and i have broadcom 802.11 g network
adapter and i also took the screenshot.as i mentioned before vista detects the wireless adapter but
xp doesn't.

Attached Thumbnails

• vista.jpg
  • 1.JPG
  • 2.JPG

Serialk

Serialk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
hello...
is there any hardware expert here??does anyone have the acer-aspire 4710z with xp installed in it??
pls help me overcome this strange problem..thanks