Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no new connection wizard

• Please log in to reply

Area 51

Area 51

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
I recently updated 98SE on a laptop that had 98, everything works fine but it says that there in no new connection wizard. When you start the computer is says that the vnetsup.vxd is missing, so I hit any key and then it says dfs.vxd is missing too. Then I hit a any key and it will boot up, how do you replace them on there or where can I get them.

Edited by Area 51, 18 April 2008 - 11:40 AM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You need to have your installation disk in when you are adding the network. Better yet is to copy the win98 folder and all it's contents to the hard drive, assuming you have room, and use it when Windows asks for the files. That way you won't have to put the disk in every time you need to install a program that uses Windows files. Also if you are making an Ethernet connection with win98se use the OOBE setup wizard.

Area 51

Area 51

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
I got it to stop showing those files missing on startup but it still says " Failed to load the Internet Connection Wizard helper component ".