Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My newest

• Please log in to reply

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Bought me a Intel Tiger direct kit to build. For $200 i got a cheap black case, XFX 610i-7020 motherboard, Intel dualcore 2.20, 2 gigs of PC5300 ram, and a 400 watt PS. So i bought a pioneer DVD-RW, and a Zerotherm cpu cooler from NewEgg. I also bought a Q6600 Quad Core CPu for a customer but then he did not want it so i used it here. I didn't like the case and had a old E-machines case so i used it. I bought a Vista Premium upgrade DVD from Ebay, and used a OEM XP CD for the previous OS as i fried the computer it was used for trying to overclock it.

Heres the pic's.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's almost too quiet as i cannot hear it running at all and the only thing that is loud now it the hard drive activity noise. Ive done a 24 hour burn-in with no problems. I did not like a ridge on the sides holding the heatsink cpu plate that was on the zerotherm heatsink so i used my moto tool to grind it down so the contact area was dead flat. I then polished the contact area to a semi shine where i could see my face on it( albit a bit fuzzy). The ultra PS shows good voltages. CPU temps are steady at 36°. Looks like i have a nice one here. I can't wait to see people's face's when i put it up for sale.

SRX660

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Nice build for a nice price but personally I wouldn't trust the Ultra PSU. Here is a DC output chart for an increasing load on one Ultra PSU model: http://www.anandtech...s...i=3146&p=12.

Is long as your not cutting it close on wattage it shouldn't be an issue but It's crap PSU nonetheless.

FadeToBright

FadeToBright

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Nice build for the money. :)