Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

COD error after load server...

• Please log in to reply

monalisa1

monalisa1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I can start COD and attach to a server then after I am done loading it I get an error message: "couldn't load player animation script mp/playeranim.script". Then returns to the main menu.

Can anyone tell how to fix this problem, please? :)

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Hello monalisa1 and welcome to G2G!

That sounds like a missing or corrupt file, a reinstall of the game should fix it.

monalisa1

monalisa1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks I've tried that. Originally I loaded the game and it worked for one week, then the error. I have since reinstalled the game three times and even uninstalled everything and reloaded. I can't recall, but originally (1 year ago) I may not have been running Vista, could that be the problem?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
When you reinstalled it did you uninstall it, delete the COD folder, install it and then patch it to version 1.5?

The publisher recommends copying the .PAK files from the CD to your installation folder (see link).

Activision custhelp

monalisa1

monalisa1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks but I couldn't copy the file. It kept asking me to retry or skip. I hit retry a few times but it always failed, so I just skipped the file. Tried to load the game still same problem. :) :) :) :)

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
It sounds like the CD is damaged or the drive is having problems reading the disk.

Do you have another CD/DVD drive you can try reading the disk in?