Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I sure could use some help

• Please log in to reply

Gobyknows

Gobyknows

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I built the computer from scratch so to speak. Hardware is no problem for me, I can take anything apart and diagnose problems, my trouble is in the software dept. Like how do I get the IBM PC Camera to work with XP. I do not have the original Software cd for the cam. However I have seen it work on another computer with Windows XP Pro. I too have that OS. I had the driver burned, I installed it and it always stops the install with a error message "for windows 98 only". I also have many many other questions about this computer system I have built so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Advertisements

CamTheMan

CamTheMan

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Hi Gobyknows,

If the software requirements are only for Windows 98 you will not be to install it on any other newer operating system.

My advice is to check IBM's website and see if there's newer versions available for download.