Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can you diagnose my problem

• Please log in to reply

Zel

Zel

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've recently bought many items for a new system I'm trying to make. I already had the HDD, DVD, and RAM, but bought the PSU, mobo, graphics, and processosor.

I've put it all together in what seems the right way, but am having a problem getting started.

The keyboard doesn't work for at all, so I can't get past this section of the startup

Posted Image

I've tried both PS2 and USB keyboards and neither work.

I also took it to a shop yesterday, to see if I could find out what was wrong with it, the man there said my brand new mobo was dead, so I bought another for almost £100 just to find out its doing exactly the same.

I've wasted way too much money on this sytem, so it would be greatly appreciated if someone could shed some light on the situation please?

Thanks

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
When this same thing happened to me on a AMD build i was doing i finally figured out that the harddrive was dead. Replacing the HD allowed me to get to the bios and also it allowed me to start installing XP on the computer. Borrow a known good HD somewhere just to see if you can get past the BIOS screen.

On another computer, a intel build this time, I had the problem of having a power supply that was too low on the 12 volt line( 11.37 volts)so the motherboard would show the bios screen for a moment and then turn off.

Find someone that can help you find the problem and knows what they are doing. Many times i will give my time away for free to new customers knowing that when they will come back to me later on when they need to upgrade or want a better computer than what the stores sell.

SRX660