Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Text to BBcode

• Please log in to reply

Doctor Inferno

Doctor Inferno

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Do you guys know any software that lets me convert text to bb code? For example if I put in a bold text, it will automatically put bold tags around it in bbcode for me.

thanks

Advertisements

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Do you guys know any software that lets me convert text to bb code? For example if I put in a bold text, it will automatically put bold tags around it in bbcode for me.

thanks

Doctor Inferno:

FASS should be able to do this for you I think. If you are typing text, you could easily just paste the text in and then go through and add the tags. If you are typing a document fresh, you can just tap the Bold or color or whatever element you want and it puts the BBCODE elements ariund it for you, you just have to make sure that you check your BBCODE to make sure there are no missing or reversed end tags......

Good Luck!!

Brian

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
If you use Firefox there are extensions that help you easily add BBCode to text.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Firefox is always a good way to go and another reason to use Firefox as your browser, but you might check into some of these:

AJAX Gradient Text Generator (bbcode/html)
Online Tool: BBCode generator
Online Tool: Cool HTML to BBCode Converter
Online Tool: HotEditor V.4.2 works with IE, FireFox, NetScape, Opera 9x and Safari 1.3.2 or higher
Bulletin Board / Forum Code Converter

A vice-versa if needed: convert BBCode formatted text (such as forum posts) to standard HTML

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 20 April 2008 - 02:47 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
also...unless i'm horribly mistaken...the new versions of the forum software here actually support rich text...so you should be able to copy directly from RTF to Geeks To Go and have the bolding stay with it

test test test testagain

yep