Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

VIDEO CARD ISSUE-CALL OF DUTY 2

• Please log in to reply

VANNYA

VANNYA

• Pip
  • 1 posts
MY DISPLAY ADAPTERS SHOW VIA.

i HAVE INSTALLED CALL OF ONLY FIND ERROR: VIDEO CARD INCOMPATIBILITY

I TRIED TO INSTALL VARIOUS VIDEO CARDS OF BOTH ATI AND NVIDIA. THE MSG I GET IS: 'THE SETUP WAS NOT ABLE LOCATE YOUR HARDWARE'

I NEED AN EXPERT'S ADVICE

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
alpha blending means the video card(s) your using do not support pixel shader 2.0 or later. You will need an ati 9600 or later. Nvidia 5700 or later. You should also uninstall all drivers related to ati and nvidia before installing a new card. Download the latest drivers but do not install. Install video card. When prompted to install drivers, click no/cancel. After a few clicks you will get to the desktop. At this point just run the install for the drivers you downloaded.

optionally you can visit this site to obtain more information about your computer:
http://www.systemreq...referrer/srtest