Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error Uninstalling Office 2007 Home and Student Trial

• Please log in to reply

jacobt

jacobt

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
I want to uninstall the trial for Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student that came with my laptop as it is expired however I am unable to do so. When trying to do an uninstall via CONTROL PANEL|PROGRAMS AND FEATURES I get this error message: Setup Error - "Setup could not find any available products to install. Please contact your system administrator." I get this same message when trying to do an uninstallation or a repair using the original executable file that was on my hard drive as well. Has anybody else had this problem? Thanks.

Advertisements

Hibachi

Hibachi

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a Office 2007 Professional, i can't uninstall it also, its says the file is corrupt and try running set up again, we almost have the same problem, i wish someone could assist us.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi folks...

Uninstalling Office products without using Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features in Vista) is a bit complicated, but it can be done. You'll find full instructions for both Vista and XP in this Microsoft Article under the heading "More Information"..

wannabe1

Hibachi

Hibachi

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ive uninstalled my office using "Advance Uninstaller PRO" and then reinsatalled a Office Ultimate, that did the trick but im not sure if it wipe out all the files from the previous office, what do you think sir?