Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Virus affecting Logitech keyboard

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Logitech New Touch keyboard includes touchpad, 2 cables--one for touchpad and other for keyboard. Virus? begins randomly moving cursor, opening desktop programs, tries to delete items, shifts cursor when trying to click on an icon or menu, etc,etc. Reinstalled WinXP from CD, and with some 39 min left, began jumping cursor! Restart does not help. Took to shop, scan with Symantec AV reports no infection. Same with my NOD32; their tech was mystified. Finally, I tried disconnecting the green connector cable from computer--and VOILA--all weird events stopped...reconnect, it happens all over again. However, 'h' key does not work while backspace key will not delete text; to delete, must highlight and press delete key. Device Manager reports keyboard and everything else is working properly.

What controls the keyboard in Windows? Is there a file or driver somewhere that could be infected? How can I replace it? Is this behavior characteristic of any known virus, worm, trojan, etc?

Thanks for help.

OT Moderator

• 4,640 posts
Hi comdoc ,

Anything that randomly starts “moving cursor, opening desktop programs, tries to delete items, shifts cursor when trying to click on an icon or menu, etc,etc.” doesn’t sound good….

I would like to suggest that you start a new thread in the Malware Removal - HiJackThis™ Logs Go Here area.

Before you post a log click on this link --> You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log
this will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your Hijackthis log.