Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Downloading and Setting up problem

• Please log in to reply

ryan85

ryan85

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok...I have recently done a clean install of windows xp... and for the nmost part, i think everything is setup... note the "I think" :)

anyways, I have been wanting to install several programs... including fraps and even adobe flash player... So what do I do? I download them with mozilla firefox. After that, the setup icon appears on the desktop, so i click to run it... and nothing happens?!!??! This has happened for many things i try to run. However, i can see the setup running in Processes?

Quick overview...
I can download things, and they appear on desktop... but clicking on the icon will not run it, but you can see it in Processes under Task manage, help is much appreciated

Advertisements

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
have you run windows update 'express' at least a dozen times?

Download and install all express updates till there is no more to install.
You musy get to service pack 2 also which will be a big download.
After that there will still be a few more.

So anyway, have you done all these windows updates?

Edited by cmpm, 21 April 2008 - 12:38 AM.

ryan85

ryan85

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ya, that was one of the first things i did..
I have all of the Windows updates.
It's something to do with Setup. I am able to download everything, its just when i click on Setup nothing happens