Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Afterworld: puzzling Alternate Reality Game

• Please log in to reply

caricaturd

caricaturd

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Hey guys,
I've currently run into a couple of weird ads while surfing online. Its of an image of a countdown clock and the face of a startling woman. Having done some research on these ads, I've discovered they're related to an online ARG called afterworld. The funny thing is, though, I have an American IP address, and so I'm directed to the American version of this ARG, which is entirely computer rendered and sort of cartoony. The original ad campaign that lured me in, however, was not computer rendered at all. In fact, their version of the game uses live action actors, and is apparently funded by the channel4 in England. Have any of you guys heard of this game? Does anyone know how I can trick the website into thinking I have an English IP address so I can view the UK version? Its really interesting stuff, and kinda creepy. For any of you who are in the UK, visit emergencysubnet.com, or look up Maia Sturn in youtube or google - the name of this game's protagonist, as far as I can tell.

Anyway, I've been dying to see what the British version of this game looks like, as the American version is sort of a letdown. So please, post back either with details on the site, or how to help this yank hide his ip address

thanks! and enjoy the game

Advertisements