Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

• Please log in to reply

masterginzu

masterginzu

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am running windows nt 4.0 workstation and receive the following error and am unable to get into windows. The login screen comes up but goes to BSOD within 2 seconds. I have performed a RAM test and it passed, the drive is fine along with a scan of the operating system. It has just happened suddenly. Please help. Below is the first part of the BSOD that I receive.

*** STOP: 0x0000007F (0x0000000D, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

CPUID:GenuineIntel 6.8.3 irq:1f SYSVER 0xf0000565

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go! You've seen this?
http://www.microsoft...hd_exe_jadf.asp

masterginzu

masterginzu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Have read that.

The RAM is OK. The last thing loaded was a driver for usb to serial port which is not compatible with winnt 4.0 workstation and has had this memory physical dump since then.

Last know good configuration does not work and neither does winnt 4.0 workstation with vga mode

any other ideas

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
can you boot into safe mode? If you can, so a search for that driver you installed, and delete it.

masterginzu

masterginzu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The latest driver that was installed which I belive is causing the problem was a driver for - usb to serial port.

Also how can i identify and delete the driver if I am unable to boot into VGA mode which is the closest thing to safe mode equivalent of operating systems currently.