Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

time and date

• Please log in to reply

jita4tw

jita4tw

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
can't change clock (date and time). When I try to from the tool bar it bring up hour glass then nothing happens, same when right click on time and choose (adjust time and date) and when access through control panel also can't access system icon or users icon. I have noticed each time I try to open one a file (msupdate.exe) opens in processes in windows task manager. I this normal? Can someone help.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
msupdate.exe is malware despite it's innocent sounding name -- it has nothing to do with Microsoft Update.
However, simply deleting the file is not sufficient as the infection creates other files and puts data in the Registry.
You may be able to remove it by running Trend Micro's free 'Housecall' online scanning utilty:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/