Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

my laptop wont recognize my audio device D:

• Please log in to reply

amateurazn

amateurazn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, this is my first time posting so im not sure if im suppose to post in this section. Well anyways, recently, i downgraded my vista home premium to a xp professional because i didnt like the fact that vista used so much ram. =[ i had to reinstall everything like my drivers .etc. I got to download everything when i noticed my computer wouldnt recognize my audio hardware =[. This is a gateway notebook model: ML6721. I would really appreciate help because i just don't noe what to do without sound D: Thnx for the help

PS:i think it was the sound driver that wouldnt install

Edited by amateurazn, 21 April 2008 - 07:48 PM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

Your problem is encountered by many who remove the pre-installed version of Windows and install their preferred version. Sometimes they find that their PC manufacturer only supplies drivers for the factory installed OS (in this case Vista). that's especially true of the 'big brand names' like Gateway because often the drivers are custom-made for them. Trying to get drivers that work properly from anywhere else in cases like that can be a major headache and it's best to check the driver situation on the maker's website first before changing the OS. It applies even more so with laptops since you can't simply change the hardware to solve a "no driver available" problem.

Go here and enter your PC's serial number: http://support.gatew...rs/dlcenter.asp

Since I don't know the serial number that's as far as I'm able to guide you, but basically once you've done that, click "Go"
and you should be taken to a driver page where you'll see if XP is supported. I hope it is. Good luck!

Edited by pip22, 22 April 2008 - 03:09 AM.