Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel Graphics Issue (Hotkeys) in Vista 32bit

• Please log in to reply

squeek500

squeek500

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi,

I've a Lenovo 3000 N100 notebook with Intel Graphics 945GM chipset. I recently had windows update run and it updated my graphics driver, then the hotkey to transfer my notebook screen from the notebook to the television stopped working. This was Ctrl+Alt+F2.

I contacted Intel who suggested that it could be Lenovo that has an updated driver as their drivers are generic. I ran Lenovo's System Update and this picked up a newer graphics driver. I ran this, installed everything so my system is completely up to date ... yet, the hotkey to transfer between notebook and television isn't working. I use Windows Vista Home Premium (without SP1 as my windows update wont pick it up ... )

Has anyone else experienced the same problem with the graphics (and SP1)? I've searched all over the net and this forum for other people that have the same, so sorry if I missed a thread that includes a resolution.

Thank you
Squeek

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
That is certainly weird. I did some searching and your not the only one with the issue. It's been a long time since I've used Lenovo/IBM products. If they still use their own software to setup the system/settings, you might go in there and check for hot key assignments.

squeek500

squeek500

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thanks Starjax, would you know where I would access that from, I've looked in the start menu and control panel. What's also weird is if I try and uncheck the box to not use hotkeys in the intel graphics media accelerator menu, it comes back on the next time I open the same dialogue box. I'm completely stumped as to what has caused it and how to fix it.

Any ideas would be great?