Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error code, ox75f819ad ! I give up.

• Please log in to reply

Gooseneck

Gooseneck

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey folks, just stumbled across this site and what a God Send you all seem to be. I'm having issues regarding the code I posted in the title. I cannot access my control panel or anything due to the pop up box;

explorer.exe-application error
(The instruction at "0x75f819ad" referenced memory at "0x75f819ad". The memory could not be "written")
Click OK to terminate the program
Click Cancel to debug the program

What on earth does this mean ?? And of course how can I go about fixing this ?? This also happens when I plug in my IPOD usb cable, the same box pops up.

Thanks guys for any help you may be able to offer.

Ryan.

Advertisements

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Have you tried a System Restore to a point before the errors started occurring?

Gooseneck

Gooseneck

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I did, but for some reason it wouldnt let me go back any further than today. I may have inadvertently done a system restore and that is why, though I dont see how thats possible without me knowing. I can enter my control panel in safe mode, but not in regular mode. I've went through and did some of the suggestions that I've read on here, but to know avail.

Edited by Gooseneck, 24 April 2008 - 09:35 PM.

Gooseneck

Gooseneck

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Any ideas guys ?? :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
first ...edit your last post and delete the HJT log...
next... Please go to the malware forum Start HERE....

That will help you clean up 80 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) then start a new topic in the MALWARE FORUM forum here...

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
This is G2G's Debugging 101 script. Give it a try. Since all works in safe mode it seems likely that something is starting when you boot normally that is causing the problem.

Step 1

Start > Run, type
msconfig
<enter>

On the general tab, select SELECTIVE START UP then uncheck
load system.ini
load win.ini
load startup services
load startup items

Reboot.
Does the error repeat? If not, continue with the next part. If so, go to STEP 2.

If not, Start > Run, type
msconfig
<enter>

check load startup items
Reboot.
Does the error repeat? If not, continue with the next part. If so, go to STEP 2.

msconfig
<enter>

check load startup services
Reboot.

msconfig
<enter>

check load win.ini
Reboot.

msconfig
<enter>

check load system.ini
Reboot.

Report back

-------------------------------------

STEP 2

When you find the error, repeating, you have arrived at the group that is causing the problem.

Leave everything as is and go to the tab with the same name as the one you just re-enabled and uncheck everything you find within the tab....reboot.

Does the probelm recur? If not, check one item and reboot, continuing until you discover the offending application/service

Then report back

Step 1

Start > Run, type
msconfig
<enter>

On the general tab, select SELECTIVE START UP then uncheck
load system.ini
load win.ini
load startup services
load startup items
Reboot.

msconfig
<enter>

check load startup items
Reboot.

msconfig
<enter>

check load startup services
Reboot.

msconfig
<enter>

check load win.ini
Reboot.

msconfig
<enter>

check load system.ini
Reboot.

Report back

-------------------------------------

STEP 2

When you find the error, repeating, you have arrived at the group that is causing the problem.

Leave everything as is and go to the tab with the same name as the one you just re-enabled and uncheck everything you find within the tab....reboot.

Does the probelm recur? If not, check one item and reboot, continuing until you discover the offending application/service

Then report back

Gooseneck

Gooseneck

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok guys, I fixed the problem, or at least temporarily did by disabling the "DEP". I can now enter my control panel through normal startup as well as hookup my Ipod. My question now is do I need to re-enable anything or should I just leave it be ??

Thanks for all the help.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
By default Data Execution Prevention is turned on for Windows programs and services only
However, you can gain more protection by selecting the second option and DEP will now work for ALL programs and services on your computer. BUT this is know to generate some error messages as legitimate software can conflict with DEP.
If this was a nasty piece of software lurking on your computer then DEP will have done its job. BUT if it happens to you when trying to work with some software you fully trust, this can be a problem, but fortunately there is a solution...
...you will need to tell Data Execution Prevention to ignore the software you want to use or turn it on for windows only
To find out how to tell Data Execution Prevention to ignore the software you want to use read this page here...

it could also be a unsigned driver causing the problem if you get a warning dialog saying something along the lines of: (ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NONEXECUTE_MEMORY).