Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express vs Outlook

• Please log in to reply

Don_M

Don_M

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I have both Microsoft Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook on my PC. It is my understanding that I should have one or the other (I prefer Outlook). How do I remove Outlook Express? Can't seem to find any help on Microsoft's support sites.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
You don't remove Outlook Express- it's part of your Windows. You can delete the shortcuts to the program so you don't accidentally click it, but you don't remove it- just ignore it if you don't want to use it. "Outlook" is part of MS Office, and can be removed if you should decide to at another time.
Johanna

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Outlook is Outlook Express's big brother - the only thing it can do that Outlook can't is access Usenet/newsgroups. You can have as many email programs as you like on a computer.

CamTheMan

CamTheMan

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Hi guys!

I was wondering :) couldn't Don_M just go into Add Or Remove Programs then click on the Add/Remove windows components then uncheck the Outlook express in there and it will uninstall?

Thanks for reading :)

-Cameron

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

I was wondering :) couldn't Don_M just go into Add Or Remove Programs then click on the Add/Remove windows components then uncheck the Outlook express in there and it will uninstall?

Not an option I'm afraid. But thank you anyway :)
Outlook Express was a Microsoft program that they insisted ended up on every computer with no obvious way to get shot of it.
Easiest way is just delete the shortcut icons off the Start Menu - out of sight, out of mind.