Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Review My System!

• Please log in to reply

matt__1998

matt__1998

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi guys, I just bought a custom built PC from the Cougar Systems website and wanted to know what you guys thought of it. Im hoping to be able to run games like battlefield 2, COD 4 etc........its a budget option, and i know it wont deliver the best performance on games like these, but at least if it can run them adequately ill be happy :)

here are the specs:

Processor - Sempron athlon 2.6GHz L2 1024k cache
RAM - 2GB Kingston DDR2 667
HD - 80GB SATA Hard Drive
Video Card - 1024Mb 8500GT Nvidia DDR DVI
Motherboard - AM2 - MSI K9VGM-V 2XDIMM / DDR2 800
O/S - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Inc SP2

thoughts??

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Nothing special in all honesty. It'll work and do stuff but if you're happy with it then that's all that matters :)
The 8500GT is so far down the "pecking order" in terms of performance, it's only just above the minimum graphical requirements for Call of Duty 4 alone. It's very much a budget card as things go, however you do get what you pay for.

matt__1998

matt__1998

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
cheers neil, yeh as i say, its very much a budget buy, got the whole setup (inc. monitor etc.) for £400. Realise i could have got a better deal by buying parts seperately etc. but im just too [bleep] lazy

nice one mate

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts

cheers neil, yeh as i say, its very much a budget buy, got the whole setup (inc. monitor etc.) for £400. Realise i could have got a better deal by buying parts seperately etc. but im just too [bleep] lazy

nice one mate

Hi, I know you want to make it as cheap as possible, but if you can spend a little bit more on cheapest dual-core AMD processor that you can find, I'd say it much worth it.. :)

matt__1998

matt__1998

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
strange you should say...i called up cougar today and hustled them for some better components...new specs are:

2GB Corsair DDR2-800 ram
512 8600GT vid. card
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+
...and the rest is same as above

all for the same price, think its an alright deal. What you reckon?

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts

strange you should say...i called up cougar today and hustled them for some better components...new specs are:

2GB Corsair DDR2-800 ram
512 8600GT vid. card
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+
...and the rest is same as above

all for the same price, think its an alright deal. What you reckon?

That's a lot better.. but does your new deal includes Windows XP Home Edition too? :)

matt__1998

matt__1998

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
sure does! :)