What version of McAfee are you using ? Do you have the CD for it ?
Please download ewido security suite it is a trial version of the program.
- Install ewido security suite
- When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".
- Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop double-click it.
- The program will now go to the main screen
- On the left hand side of the main screen click update
- Then click on Start Update
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.
ewido manual updates
Once the updates are installed do the following:
- Click on scanner
- Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
- While the scan is in progress you will be prompted to clean files, click OK
- When it asks if you want to clean the first file, put a check in the lower left corner of the box that says "Perform action on all infections" then choose clean and click OK.
- Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
- Click Save report.
- Save the report .txt file to your desktop.
Please post back the report.txt file