Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All kind of loadings are being slow

• Please log in to reply

kiraster

kiraster

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello,
after like 1 month from buying my PC, everything has turned slow, game loadings can take up to 10 mins while its 1 min maximum, crashes alot, freeze alot if sudden movement happens in a game if you got what i mean
i wanted to just format and see what happens but i just have the feeling its a hardware issue, so i came here to ask for opinions on what it could be, its a bit disappointing for a new configured pc to go dead so fast ._.

the specs are :
intel processor 3.0ghz quad extrame
motherboard gigabyte(forgot model name @.@)
4gb ram corsair 1066mhz
nvidia 8800 ultra nfx
western digital 150gb raptor 10,000rpm

if i have to take a guess what the hardware causing the problem is, then i guess its the HDD because it makes a very annoying sound and when i want to windows xp installation page (still in the dos) where you choose which drive to install in, it shows the western digital hdd as [unknown] for some reason

anyway ideas or suggestions are appreciated ._. thanks for reading

edit: forgot to mention, even windows logo screen loading at start up takes like 3-4 mins, used to be 5 seconds

Edited by kiraster, 23 April 2008 - 10:05 AM.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
well you can download the program from the hard drive manufacturers site to test the hard drive... But your description makes me think heat first then power issues but it could also be some infection... have you tried running anti-virus/antispyware on the computer?

kiraster

kiraster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
its not a processor heat issue for sure, temperature is really low. not sure about the power tho, i use OCZ 750watt
tried spyware doctor, AVG virus scanner, kasprsky, norton, all show 0 infected items
the diagnostic program for the hard disk shows no problems, but sometimes crashes before it completes the scan, probably due to windows freezing as i mentioned :s

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
go back to their website and find the bootable cd image of their test software that eliminates windows from the equation and leaves just hardware....

kiraster

kiraster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Test Option: EXTENDED TEST
Model Number: WDC WD1500AHFD-00RAR4
Unit Serial Number: WD-WMAP41622976
Firmware Number: 21.07QR4
Capacity: 150.04 GB
SMART Status: PASS
Test Result: PASS
Test Time: 17:47:20, April 24, 2008

apparently no problem with the HDD :\ any other suggestions or ideas ?

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Well you did say you are having issues in games maybe your video card is going bad.... Do you ever get error messages? if so post a couple..

kiraster

kiraster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yes, issues in games but still even in loading windows logo screen too, and i never got any errors, either really long loading like if i double click a heavy big game then it needs 2-3 mins to actually show up on the screen, and sometimes if some kind of sudden voice comes out or sudden action, pc just freeze and have to restart @.@

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
have you tried reinstalling your sound and video drivers and also direct x? You may want to uninstall what you can from safe mode and then reinstall.... Barring that boy..... bad ram? have you checked the motherboard for bulged/leaking caps? maybe try taking it out of the case and see how it runs ( possible grounding issue )

kiraster

kiraster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
tried just now, same thing
no not the ram because i tried swapping it with my kingston 2gb 800mhz and same problem, motherboard seems to be ok :\ running without problems even without the case

hmm could be processor ? or the OS ? power supply can't do these things ?

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
yeah it could be those as well one of my first thoughts was power issues so you may want to try that.... sometimes there is just a compatibility issue or possibly corrupted windows....