Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pinnacle 510-USB problems

• Please log in to reply

Student101

Student101

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
I just go one of these for my desktop because my capture card is not supported by Studio 11. I have updated, reinstalled and just about given up on this capture box because it keeps dropping frames when i try and capture from my camera. Any ideas on why it is doing this?

Student101

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Sorry to say i had so many problems and errors with the pinnacle software that i finally gave up and bought Sony Vegas 6 software to do my movie editing. I tried updates and called the pinnacle people who charged me by the hour for no real help at all. Sorry that i can't help you more but the buggy software is not ready for consumer use.

SRX660

Student101

Student101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
well im kind of stuck with this software for now until i can get adobe premier pro 1.5 form a friend and that could be a LONG time. So any suggestions on how to correct my current problem would be much appreciated.

Now i know never to buy and more pinnacle stuff

Student101

tomihasa

tomihasa

• Pip
  • 1 posts

well im kind of stuck with this software for now until i can get adobe premier pro 1.5 form a friend and that could be a LONG time. So any suggestions on how to correct my current problem would be much appreciated.

This might help some Windows XP users. First I couldn't capture anything with Pinnacle Studio 12.1 Plus and the preview video did not move and there was only a partial still image at the top of the preview video. I tried Windows Movie Maker which comes free with Windows XP Service Pack 2 (C:\Program Files\Movie Maker), because I know some software in Windows may change operating system settings used by similar kind of applications. I tried various settings in Windows Movie Maker and managed to capture video from my Xbox 360 and digital television box (needed in European Union if your TV does not understand digital television broadcasts). Then I went back to Pinnacle Studio 12.1 Plus and I could capture with that software also.

Later I noticed that it's important to define PAL/NTSC and widescreen/no widescreen in Project preferences tab (setting them in Capture source tab doesn't work).

Also, Pinnacle's AM Capture (or AMCAP) does not tell the user in any understandable way if you have not connected the USB cable to your computer or if you have not selected the correct capturing device in the Devices menu.

Edited by tomihasa, 29 June 2009 - 04:57 AM.