Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

burn dvds

• Please log in to reply

angelparsons

angelparsons

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:) please can someone help me ive just bought a laptop hp530 and i want to burn a dvd to play on my normall dvd player and i have tried to do this through windows media and it does not work so i tried to do it through nero software that let me do the dvd but the sound was distorted then i downloaded a converter called divx but that didnt work then i downloaded avs4you and this worked but unless i buy the software at $39 for one year it leaves a trade mark in the middle of the screen when i play the dvd

so can anyone please advise me of any free software that i can use to burn a dvd from a file on my laptop that ive put on there from my camcorder

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

http://www.jakeludin...g_software.html
http://www.burnworld.com/burnoncddvd/

Please note: I haven't used any of the above software so this isn't a recommendation. I've found generally that If you want consistently good results
and fewer problems it's often better to pay for it (after testing a free trial of it, of course). That's especially true of of DVD-video authoring.
Think about it. Creating good, reliable software requires people with first-class programming skills spending many hours at it to make a living.
Those people want paying (wouldn't you?).

But no harm in trying all the free stuff first. You might get lucky.

Edited by pip22, 23 April 2008 - 01:55 PM.

angelparsons

angelparsons

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
:) thanks had a feeling i would end up just going to pc world and buying some software as long as it works i dont mind paying for it.

thankyou for you time