Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows has detected abnormal activity on your pc"

• Please log in to reply

lauren

lauren

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm sorry to bother you all but I'm having a slight problem with a spyware/adware program. It shows up in the bottom right hand corner with all of my program icons as a yellow triangle with an exclamation point, then it becomes a red box giving me the message "windows has detected abnormal activity on your pc" if you click next it sends to another box advising you to buy stopzilla. My ad-aware is not detecting it, nor is norton, and i dont really know what to do now. There does not appear to be anything abnormal in my add/remove programs list, though I'm not positive since some of these can be kinda tricky. ANyway I would appreciate any help you can give me!
THANK YOU!
Lauren

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please visit the forum in my signature and follow the instructions

lauren

lauren

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm sorry, I cant find that, where is it? is it under your name as the startup person?
Sorry,
Lauren

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
The Malware forum