Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Scan Results from Spybot S & D

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
Just did Spybot S&D update and scan with following result:

I got message which reads as follows:

There were problems in the include file c:\Program Files\Spybot_Search_Destroy\includes\Trojans. sbi See 'Include errors. log for details.

Don't know what that actually means, but can't find a way to get at said log.

Please advise

ps: I did get a scan result showing WWWCoolSearch which I removed as a fix from Spybot

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to uninstall Spybot completely (remove in programs etc). Reinstall version 152, run a scan and see if you get the error. I guess that the corrupted file is related to the data base which spybot use when looking for a particular malware group (trojans in this case). This is a classic case in which it is much easier to remove and reinstall a programs and not spend time on research which will lead you, at the end of the day, to the same action.

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
Ok I uinstalled Spybot S & D and downloaded and installed version 1.5.2. but now I am getting an information and dialogue box saying the following"

S & D has detected an important registry entry that has changed

Category: Browser menu extension
Change: Value Added
Entry: Show Original Image

Remember this decision
Allow Change...................Deny Change

What do I do about this ?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
It looks as if you enabled Tea Timer which is SB real time protector of system files. If you use this option (which I don't) you will have to confirm or deny every change in the registry. This can be somewhat bothering because in every program installation you will have to confirm a number of changes.

If the message is clearly associated with Spybot installation then allow the change. If it's something else do not allow it.

Since you had serious malware on your computer you may wish your computer to be checked by G2G's malware helpers. If you wish, use the link in my signature to the malware forum.

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
I just did another S & D scan with Teatimer disabled and got two more results:

WWWCWSearch
Mediaplex

and removed them I hope,

So obviously this WWWCoolSearch is still hanging around, but I can't find the link in your signature, where do I look?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Please post your topic in the malware forum (a link in my list of programs below). Take all the preliminary steps. After the helpers from the malware forum confirm that the computer is clean, and if the problem persists, post back in this forum. It might take some time because they are quite busy there.

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
I have been going through all the procedures outlined in for malware removal, and have arrived at Panda Active Scan, but the program will not let me download the updates, keeps telling me to retry. However all preceeding tests have netted no results, no threats, and these include Malwarebytes, Super Antispyware and of course I have did the Restore System operation. Should I keep trying to download the updates on Panda Active Scan?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Please go to the last step and post a HJT log in the malware forum. One of the helpers will approach you. Please be patient as they are quite busy there.