Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can not receive email in 2003

• Please log in to reply

MartynHou

MartynHou

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Sorry If I posted this in the wrong spot. My First post here.

I have a laptop that cratered one me.. Windows XP.....I had to do a system restore from the beginning. Lost a lot but no biggie.
Had Office 97 full version on it and then had the 2003 Office Upgrade. Had no problems before it crashed.

Got everything fixed on the laptop. Got all the windows updated and went to upload the Office again and had problems right off the bat with 97. Couldnt find my default folders. Figured I had a Registry problem. Deleted 97 and then Went into Registry and renamed all the folders in Office to OLD. This allowed me to Load 97 again and then the 2003 upgrade.
When I started 2003 I got an error
"An error occured in the folder shortcuts file .fav Outlook will recreate the defualt folder shortcuts. "
And I could do nothing.
At this point I went to Control panel and deleted the program and then went to regedit again renamed everything and then loaded it all back up again.

During the 2003 profiles being set up. Put in Pop3, SMTP strings passwords and emails address. In Tools, emails accounts. I did the test. Everything checks out. It sends and receives. I went to my hotmail to verify it is being sent and it works.

I go to start a new email in Outlook.... As soon as I hit the Send/recieve button in the tool bar I get the error
"You dont have permission to perform this operation. "
However it DOES send the email... I just can not receive emails.

I saw in other posts to change the outlook .SRS files.

I did a search on my c drive of all files. hidden as well. I dont see any. I went to Documents and settings/Administrator/Application data/Microsfot/office/outlook and tried to see if the files were in the outlook folder. I can not open the folder and when I hover it says the folder is empty.l. I get the error that "Outlook is not accessible. Access denied."

I did go to the Documents and setting and make sure the READ ONLY was NOT checked.
Yet still having the problem. Can not receive mail and the errors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MArty

Advertisements