Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Skype, Gizmo5, Jahjah

• Please log in to reply

49erjack

49erjack

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Still new to the technology stuff and was trying to get some thoughts, insights and experiences with various VoIP services. The vast majority of my calls are on cell, and have thought that it would be nice to drop the home phone, but would like the option of having a "home phone number" without the associated costs. Skype et al looks interesting with the video confrencing, etc.

I am also curious that if you had Skype, Gizmo5 or whatever with a WiFi phone does the phone ring when a cell or land line call is placed to you?

Thanks!

Advertisements

CamTheMan

CamTheMan

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Hello 49erjack. I'm Cameron how are you doing?

Check out this:
http://www.magicjack.com

Or even any voip provider site like www.voip.com is a big one.

For the Skype wifi phones you would connect to your wireless network then my guess is buy SkypeIN then people can call you and then the phone would ring.

The new MagicJack seems like a very good home phone replacement.

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Don't know about the other services, but Jajah is nice. I used it once in the Free version.