Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PNY 8800 Gt Icons off screen

• Please log in to reply

outback_2007

outback_2007

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I had a MSI 8400 GS Video Card installed and was working good with the newest update from Nvidia ver 169.21. I got a another card today, a PNY 8800GT Nividia Geforce 512 mb Gaming Card, the Instalation CD was ver. 167.26 I tried to over right this older one over the new one I think. Anyways I have since tryed removing all the drivers for New card, and reinstalling after removing any sub folder/files left. Still no good. All my icons are off the desktop, and playing with the screen resulution in the display setting want help.

Right now with no display drivers installed, for computer or game card, acording to the device manager. My display is back to normal.

When trying to play Crysis like this it gives me an error, saying not compatable video card or something. I guess no drivers installed might be the problem.

Whats wrong here.

Windows xp media center pc. AMD 3400+ 2 GB ram, PNY 8800GT And I'm running a Visio 26" HDTV LCD Worked fine withj the slow old MSI 8400GS. What gives.

Advertisements

outback_2007

outback_2007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
I just used the HDMI to VGA adapter, and Now I have my desktop back, and pretty desent resolution, not HDMI quality but, at least I have a Fast card that works. PNY 8800GT Good FPS 25-40 depending on settings.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
you need drivers installed.

Download the latest drivers from nvidia.com.

Through add/remove programs uninstall the current drivers.

Use driver cleaner pro to make sure all the nvidia drivers are removed.

Reboot the system. Do NOT install drivers when windows prompts you.

Go to where you downloaded the drivers and install them.