Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cannot open URL's in MS Outlook 2007

• Please log in to reply

mcaribe

mcaribe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am looking for help with the same problem Learnatic's was having except that I don't have Thunderbird or any other system other than Internet Explorer. I'm on Windows XP and have MS Office 2007 installed.

PROBLEM: No matter who sends me an email I cannot link to any URL's in them. I get a General failure message + application not found. I am using Outlook to manage my AOL email account if that makes a difference. If I open emails directly from AOL I don't have a problem.

I'm not that computer savvy but I know enough to have checked the Tools, Security etc and cannot find anything that will give me access. Help!

Edited by mcaribe, 23 April 2008 - 11:40 PM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

Try the following fix first (it won't screw up anything even if the problem isn't fixed by it)

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm