Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Soyo 26 inch Monitor

• Please log in to reply

ford123

ford123

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Spam removed. Dink banned.

Advertisements

ford123

ford123

Spammer

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
anybody?

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
The funny thing about monitors is that there are Cheap-O's, there are good ones, and there are in-betweens. I work with computer monitors and Soyo falls in the in-betweens (right between Envision and Hyundai).

Nicest brands: NEC, LG, Samsung, Viewsonic, HP(not necessarily in that order).

Generally, I have found that a high static contrast ratio and low response time both play a factor in picking out a monitor for gaming. At least 1000:1 static (not dynamic) contrast ratio and at most 5ms response should be fine.

The best way to pick out a monitor is to see it first, if possible. I have found that games look the best on the monitors that have a gloss screen on them, such as NEC's Opticlear or HP's Brightview, regardless of their contrast or response time. The glossy screen really sharpens and brightens the picture. The downside to gloss is glare. Make sure your light sources (i.e. windows and lamps) are not behind you or they get annoying.

Soyo monitors are VERY good for the money, but I advise you to do some research. You can read specifications and reviews all day, but nothing beats actually seeing it for yourself. Try to check it out first before you buy it.

Also, Soyo only gives you a 1-year warranty whereas Samsung, NEC, LG, and Viewsonic all give a 3-year warranty.

Bottom Line: Don't get the Soyo. For a little more money, you can get a better one for gaming and a better warranty too.

Just my two cents! :)