Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Erased HD Location need it back

• Please log in to reply

pfrad

pfrad

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Ok I have two HD, one with the O.S. and other stuff it's fine, the other had music and movies, I thought I was erasing it;s contents but in my haste I actually erased it's location so now of course I cant find it, I don't care to retrieve anything from it I just want to be able to access it again, any help much appreciated.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,888 posts
Just a few questions to clear up the situation.
You have 2 seperate PHYSICAL hard drives? Or 1 Hard drive with 2 partitions?
You wanted to remove the content of the HD (or partition) of the second one (no OS on it) ?
Accidentally you now can't access that HD (or partition) anymore?

Regards,
Olrik

Buji

Buji

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Try right-clicking on My Computer, then select Manage. When the Computer Management screen comes up, on the left side near the bottom, select disk management. A list of all your Hard Drives, as well as any partitions on them will show up. You "should" see the hard drive or partition in question here. If you want to reformat it, do it here... and it should show back up on your My Computer window. If you deleted it, then you might see an unpartitioned space on a hard drive. All you need to do is create another partition. However, you will have lost all information that was there. I wish I could be of better help, but i refuse to delete my link and figure out how to fix it... lol. hope this helps -Buji

pfrad

pfrad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Artellos

yes two Hd
erased the contents I thought, erased its location in fact.
can no longer access it

Buji

Disk management does not show the Hard Drive in question.. :)

can I unplug it and plug it back In ?

Buji

Buji

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
is it an internal or external drive? Either way, you could try unplugging it. but if that doesn't work try right clicking on my computer, select manage, on the left side select device manager. Then look on the list for any yellow question marks or red X's, etc... if you find one pertaining to your drive, try uninstalling it, and then restart your computer. Most of the time it will automatically re-install the drivers for a hard drive. - Buji