Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error violation message

• Please log in to reply

Majestic

Majestic

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I play hidden object games and have downloaded quite a few. Lately I keep getting a violation error that reads: Violation error 0x004091D3 @ 0x000000BB. I tried upgrading Direct X and my graphics card does not have an upgrade. The graphics of the games I am trying to download are not intense, they are actually pretty basic so I dont understand. I have googled and searched other engines for this specific error without success. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

Are you sure the games which trigger that error to appear are compatible with XP?

If they are XP compatible then it could be your antivirus 'real time' scanner (the "on-access" file scanner component) which is causing it. To confirm this you can temporarily disable that component then try playing one of those games that had the problem. It's not an ideal remedy to do that of course, but it's not meant to be a remedy. We just need to find out if that's causing it. Please post back with the outcome after trying that. It will give us at least one probable cause to eliminate if nothing else. Then we can proceed from there. Thank you for using Geeks2Go!

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
also try running the games using Program Compatibility Mode...lowdown is here...

Majestic

Majestic

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
You are both gonna yell at me!! LOL. My anti-virus program is non-existent and the games I am attempting to download are brand new releases. They are both listed as XP compatible. I only download games from BigFish Games. Should I run the compatibility wizard anyway?

Edited by Majestic, 24 April 2008 - 05:39 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
without any malware tools we are just wasting time...