Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need an idea

• Please log in to reply

Alex_McIntosh

Alex_McIntosh

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Well i want to make a website because i want to test my knowledge...

Ive built minor sites before...

I'm 16 and i know basic CSS and a little Javascript, i also know XHTML quite good.

I want to test my abilities and i also want to publish a site becuase i never have before. But i have no inspiration :) what can i do a website on? I don't want to do a blog or nothing about me because i think that is vain lmao, plus... i really would not know what to say :)

Anyone have an idea? Please :)

Advertisements

Scribbles

Scribbles

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
hey there alex,

do you like games or have any friends who are in a clan and don't have a site?

ask them.

or make a portfolio site for your self :)

they are always good if your going to do web dev, shows people what you can do and how good you are.

You should try one of these ideas

Alex_McIntosh

Alex_McIntosh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Hmm yeah, but what would i put on it about myself, i dont know anyone about the clan thing and i don't play much games since college takes up alot of my time...

Scribbles

Scribbles

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
well for a portfolio just make a really professional looking site then put like work that you have done in the past.

If your going into web dev you will need a portfolio.

Alex_McIntosh

Alex_McIntosh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Hmm, yeah. I have started to do something like that after reading what you said. This portfolio though

you got any idea what sort of navigation i need?

And when i update it, what do i add? It seems a little deaser to keep an online diary sort of thing, like memories, which i was thinking of, but this portfolio is a better idea.