Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! Burning!

• Please log in to reply

youngest78

youngest78

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi,
I wondered if anybody could help me with a couple of things. I've just bought a very reasonable Dell Vostro and i would like to be able to rip and burn CDs but there doesn't appear to be any software application on it that enables me to do this - is there anything i can download for free? What is it i need?
Also, it appears that when i am connected to the net if i leave my laptop idle for more than about ten minutes it disconnects itself - any ideas as to why and how i can stop it?

Thanks

Advertisements

Doctor Inferno

Doctor Inferno

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Windows Media Player actually lets you rip audio files off CDs. When you insert the CD, wait for the autoplay option and select the option to use Windows Media PLayer to rip the audio. One good software you can try is Nero, but it is not free.