Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Contest ideas wanted!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Next week we'll be announcing a contest where you'll have a chance to win a very nice prize. We haven't yet decided how we'll award the winner.

Have any contest ideas? Seen any creative contests elsewhere we could 'borrow'?

Let's hear 'em! :)

Advertisements

CamTheMan

CamTheMan

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Have some kind of draw like the last 4 digits of SS# or last 4 digits of CC # you generate the numbers the person with the numbers wins (:

We are having a draw in my area you call in when a certain song plays on the radio if you match their numbers for last 4 digits of your ssn you win 100 thousand dollars!

Of course chances are slim :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
we'd need something that's guaranteed to win though...i think (if no one wins can i have it?).....so the chances of someone having the right SSN but not being here at G2G is pretty high...also people in other countries don't have SSNs

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i say we do an easter egg hunt......admin hide's an image or something somewhere on the page...could be in a post or could be in one of the articles on the main page.....first person to accurately find it's location and post a screen shot wins?

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts

i say we do an easter egg hunt......admin hide's an image or something somewhere on the page...could be in a post or could be in one of the articles on the main page.....first person to accurately find it's location and post a screen shot wins?

That's a nice idea...

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Except there aren't enough blog pages to make it a challenge, and there are enough forum pages to make it almost impossible.

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
You can give out clues.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I think I'd like it to be more personal and creative. A couple ideas we've tossed around:

• Print out a picture of the Geeks to Go logo. Take a picture of it somewhere fun or unusual.
  • A picture of you with your computer.
Random winner picked from qualified entrants.

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
The first idea sounds fun!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Have them guess the number of unpopped kernels in a bag of microwave popcorn.

Advertisements

whompuscat

whompuscat

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Come up with a series of somewhat trivial questions, from say cartoons to history, and everthing in between. i.e the names of all the cast members and who they played on Gilligans Island. Who ever gets it right the fastest gets so many points, and set a time limit with its own Forum. May it last a week or so.

CamTheMan

CamTheMan

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
eww I think thats good idea Admin like who can advertise G2G to best? I would love to make a huge sign around my town by the intersections that would be fun!

I also like the Easter Egg idea that would be fun :)

We could do something like go interviewing people at the mall or something un the Trivia questions like whompuscat was saying...

Edited by CamTheMan, 25 April 2008 - 07:21 PM.

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
have an elimination style contest with some of the games from the jokes and games forum or any quick and easy game that you can find online
for example start off with a trivia game for a week and the top 150 move to the next round which could be how fast do you type and the top 75 move on again to monkey kickoff where the top 25 move on to something like tower defense
then the top ten move on to another game where a winner would be crowned.

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
I think it would be nice if you handed out images of GTG logos and see who can place it in the best location with Photoshop or something like that. Sure would be neat (tack a GTG logo onto a NASA spacecraft - that would be funny!)

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

have an elimination style contest with some of the games from the jokes and games forum or any quick and easy game that you can find online
for example start off with a trivia game for a week and the top 150 move to the next round which could be how fast do you type and the top 75 move on again to monkey kickoff where the top 25 move on to something like tower defense
then the top ten move on to another game where a winner would be crowned.

Start with how fast do you type and tower d, I'm best at those :)