Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

WOW files

• Please log in to reply

Denisejm

Denisejm

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
Hi,

I have Windows XP X64. When I recently formatted my pc, Windows placed the WOW files in a partition of my hard drive, not in my C drive.

Is there a reason for this?

Can I move the folder to my C Drive?

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
What do you mean by "Windows placed the WOW files in a partition of my hard drive"? WOW to me means either World Of Warcraft or Windows On the World, what does it mean in this case?

I don't have a 64 bit system so that many be why I don't understand.

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
LOL . . . it a program, or a set of files, that Microsoft created so that x64 would have compatible files with X32 systems. It's a part of Windows x64 but it didn't come with x64. It was an add-on, but to place it on a partition on my primary drive doesn't make sense. Windows is on my C drive and WOW is on my D drive.