Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems w/ Windows Media Player

• Please log in to reply

humbleone

humbleone

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I'm sure this is not a new problem, but can someone please tell me how to fix the error (error message C00D11B1) in Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP?

Thanks in advance.

Humbleone

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts

Go to tools in windows media player, click on options, then click on devices, when the devices appear in the box, click on speakers, then advanced, then click on the pull down menu, and put in the default audio device, mine is the intel integrated audio. that fixed my problem........... Again... open Windows Media Player, click on Tools, then click on Options, then click on Devices, when the devices appear in the box, click on Speakers, then Advacned, then make sure that the default audio driver/device is chosen, mine is the Intel Integrated audio

humbleone

humbleone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I tried this, but it didn't work! By the way, I'm not having a problem w/ the sound. I believe my problem consist of video streaming. I hear the video, but I'm unable to watch it. The video or picture is frozen. Oh, I didn't find my default audio driver under the advanced option. I had to click on properties, then I selected DirectSound: SoundMax Digital Audio, which is found under the sub-menu: Audio device to use:. I hope I did this right, did I?

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Thanks!

Humbleone