Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help! Supected Virus/Spyware or Hardware Isuues (Unsure)

• Please log in to reply

XtremeSparks

XtremeSparks

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Help I recently installed a key update for my firewall and had to restart my computer. When I logged in after about 5-10 seconds a blue screen appeared with the information below and then the computer restarted. I have tried multiple times and got the same result. The Bluescreen said -

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file - LVPrcMon.sys

The driver unloaded without cancelling pending operations.

Technical Information -
*** STOP: 0x000000D4 (0xF7913410, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8053676E)

Please be aware I recently tried to use my new Logitech Wireless keyboard however I do not know if this or a virus is the cause. Also I can't get into the computer because after 10 seconds it restarts and I can't do anything.
Helllllpppppp me !!!!

XtremeSparks

Advertisements

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
LVPrcMon.sys is related to logitech, I don't think its a virus but rather a hardware\software issue.

Edited by Suerte, 26 April 2008 - 04:03 AM.

XtremeSparks

XtremeSparks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Do you know how I can fix it??
Please can anyone help I really need this fixed ASAP. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Edited by XtremeSparks, 26 April 2008 - 04:34 AM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
As the computer is booting up, tap F8 till you get to a boot screen that will give some choices.
Try "last known good configuration"
If that does not work, reboot and go into safe mode. Safe mode will look weird in that the screen resolution and other things will be off. If the computer gets to that point, then you can try restore back to before you did the update.

XtremeSparks

XtremeSparks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thankyou everyone who has contributed however I am sort of a beginner and because of this the computer has gotten frozen at the safe mode loading point with all the partitions I have left it for a good 15 minutes yet nothing has hapenned. Please can anyone help it would be greatly appreciated!! :)