Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Monitor + Xbox + VGA lead = Problem

• Please log in to reply

Poseido

Poseido

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Ok, First of im sorry about that horrible title.

Hello, Ok I have 3 monitors 2 linked to my computer and 1 linked to my xbox. The problem is my monitors do not have speakers. On the lead i purchased for link the xbox to the monitor; There is 1 Red and 1 White Audio cable, I have no idea on were to put these. Can anyone point me in the direction what to but so i can get sound on my xbox, I need sound for GTA IV. Please help me. Anymore information will be supplied if needed.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Best method is this.

http://www.x2vga.com/

SRX660

newbikekiller

newbikekiller

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I just hope that he didn't go out and buy that thing. My understanding is that he already has video, just needs sound.

The white and the red audio cables need to be hooked up to some sort of speakers. You can use computer speakers with an RCA-->FEMALE 3.5mm plug ADAPTER (go to radioshack with the RCA's and the set of speakers you want to hook up, you'll be able to figure it out from there.) An alternative (more expensive probably) is to buy a stereo with RCA inputs. Any LARGE stereo, even those from the 80s, will have RCA inputs. Another alternative is to buy a stereo with an "MP3/MICROPHONE/MINI-DISK" input and buy a RCA-->MALE 3.5mm plug ADAPTER (again, radioshack).

How much do you want to spend for sound? I could make suggestions on a setup to use if I knew your price range.

newbikekiller

newbikekiller

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Oh, and ANOTHER alternative is to use any stereo with a tape deck, buy a car tape-->portable Cd player tape deck.

You'll need
1.) Car Tape --> Portable CD player adapter (looks like a cassette tape with a cord on it)
2.) RCA --> 3.5mm FEMALE plug adapter

Oh, and I forgot to mention, whichever RCA-->3.5mm adapter you run (if you run one) make sure it accepts BOTH RCA's not just ONE. That way you make sure you'll keep stereo sound.